Giving Back to Our Community
We love Alaska and our community
Thank you for wanting to know more about K2 Aviation and what we do. K2 Aviation and its sister company Rust Flying Service have been part of the Alaska community for more than 48 years. Throughout the years, K2 Aviation/Rust Flying Service have been involved in the Alaska community.
Community Picnic - time to get with friends before we get busy
Each May, K2 Aviation hosts a catered picnic on our grassy lawn for the entire Talkeetna Community. It is a time for locals to gather, catch up and see one another before the summer tourism season begins. The great guys at the Thirty Six Street Bistro cater for us. Our staff raves about their food.
Donations this year - over $11,000
We recognize and value the work done to make our community a better place for us all. We feel fortunate to be able to donate and support different organizations. If you have know of an Alaskan non-profit that would like a donation, please contact us in the fall of each year. We are proud to say that so far this year, we have donated over $11,000. Last year it topped $17,000. Here is a list of some of the organizations we supported this year:
- AABBA (Alaska Bed & Breakfast Assc.)
- AACA (Alaska Air Carriers Assc.)
- AK Dog and Puppy Rescue
- Alaska Botanical Gardens
- Alaska Ski for Women
- Alaska Youth Club
- Alaska Youth Theater
- ATIA "For the love of travel auction"
- Boy Scouts of America
- Boys & Girls Club
- Brid Treatment and Learning Center
- Build a Plane
- Catholic Social Services Charity Ball
- Church on the Rock
- Ciri- Golf Classic
- Covenant House Alaska
- Downtown Soup Kitchen
- ElevateYouthMinistries-Peru trip
- Grace Christian School Benefit-Italy trip
- King Salmon Derby - Trooper Shanigan
- Luthern Social Services of Alaska
- Mackey's Comeback Kennel, Inc.
- McKinley View B&B
- Mirror Lake Middle School
- Murray Nash Lukemia Auction
- Northern Lights ABC School
- Oosik Classic Ski Race
- Our Lady of the Valley Catholic School
- Princess/Boys and girls Club
- Special Olympics
- St. John UMC
- Talkeetna Bachelors Society
- Talkeetna Chamber-old bag auctionK22011-115
- Talkeetna Elementary School
- Talkeetna Public Library
- Talkeetna VFW
- Trinity Presbyterian
- United Way
- Upper Susitna Seniors Auction
- US Travel
- Willow Lions Club
Staff Volunteer Time - what we do in our spare time!
- Build A Plane: Currently, K2 Aviation Maintenance Manager, Dallas Hamen and Office Manager, Stephanie Smothers are involved in the helping the kids in the Talkeetna community actually build a plane.
- Down Town Soup Kitchen: Suzanne Rust and her son regularly have the opportunity to work at the Down Town Soup Kitchen which provides soup, bread, and sandwiches for people who are homeless.
- Denali Arts Council: Elaine participates in many of the DAC's community events by acting in plays and singing.
- Girl Scouts: Both Suzanne Rust and Stephanie Smothers volunteer and lead Girl Scout Troops.
- Upper Susitna Home Schoolers: Stephanie Smothers volunteers and participates in the Upper Susitna Home Schoolers Group.
- The Denali National Park Aircraft Overflights Advisory Council: Suzanne Rust, K2 Aviation Owner, serves on the Denali Overflights Council. This group was appointed by the Secretary of the Interior and has 12 members representing different interest groups. This council was established through the Secretary of the Interior, on mitigation efforts that should be made to reduce the impacts from the aircraft overlights in Denali National Park and Preserve.
Denali Day Hikes
Interested in exploring Alaska?
Venture out on a Denali Day Hike.
Celebrate your birthday with K2!
Happy birthday! In your birthday month, we will offer you a percentage discount that matches your age...